SOUTHERN IDAHO OFF-ROAD ASSOCIATION
1. This organization shall be known as Southern Idaho Off-Road Association.
ARTICLE 2: OBJECTIVES
1. The Southern Idaho Off-Road Association is a non-profit organization for the purpose of:
A. Providing social, educational and recreational activities for its membership.
B. Participating in and supporting civic activities for the betterment of the community.
ARTICLE 3: MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
1. Owners of four wheel drive vehicles are eligible for membership in the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association.
2. Each membership includes the immediate family, however, voting power is restricted to those family members eighteen years of age or older, one vote per membership.
3. Applicants for membership must be at least eighteen years of age.
4. All members must conduct themselves in a respectable fashion whether in or out of Club activities. Any member disgracing themselves in the public eye will be immediately subject to expulsion from the Club; subject to decision of majority vote.
5. Applicants for membership must attend one membership meeting and one activity before being issued an application, to be properly filled out and submitted to the Board of Directors. Following review of each application by the Board of Directors, the applicant will be notified as to their acceptance or rejection and when their dues will be payable.
6. Dues for the organization shall be $40.00 per membership, per year, payable the second Thursday of January. Any member whose dues are 60 days in arrears shall be dropped from the rolls of this organization. Nothing herein contained shall prevent reinstatement of a delinquent member upon payment in full of their unpaid dues, providing a vacancy exists. Bad check fees are $25.00
7. All personal expenses such as uniforms, decals, insignia, etc. shall be bore by each individual.
8. Members shall immediately notify the Secretary upon a change of address, mailing address or telephone number.
9. Resignation of any member shall be in writing and submitted to the Secretary. Upon resignation, or selling of the vehicle, any insignia or stickers shall be moved from their vehicle. All dues are non-refundable. Dues for membership six months or less will be half of normal dues.
1. Members who adopt and sign the by-laws of the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association on or before the ninth day of February, 1999 shall be known as charter members of the organization.
ARTICLE 5: MEETINGS
1. Meetings of the membership of the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association shall be held once monthly, the second Thursday of each month at 7:30pm at the specified meeting place, unless otherwise notified.
2. Fifty-one percent (51%) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for a membership meeting (votable decisions).
ARTICLE 6: ADMINISTRATION OF OFFICERS
1. The officers of the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association shall consist of a President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer and shall be known as the Executive Committee. It shall be their duty to draw up an agenda for all membership meetings and it shall be their further duties to assume the function of the Board of Directors in case of emergency.
2. The term shall be one (1) year.
3. No officer shall be added to the Club except by the vote of the majority of the entire membership of the Club.
ARTICLE 7: DUTIES AND POWERS OF OFFICERS
1. The President shall preside over all membership and board meetings and shall be present at all events when possible. They shall be the Executive Officer and shall have the duty to carry out the policies and decisions of the Board of Directors. They shall be without right to vote on the Board of Directors except in the event of a tie. They shall sign all checks with the Secretary/Treasurer unless both are members of the same family unit.
2. The Vice-President shall, in the absence of the President, serve in that capacity. They shall also serve as a Parliamentarian and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors. They may also sign checks.
3. The Secretary/Treasurer shall keep and preserve all records and minutes of the meeting of the regular membership and the ledger roll call and determine the number of voting members present so it may be known if a quorum is in attendance, shall keep a file system of membership and shall receive and answer all general correspondence pertaining to the organization. They shall sign checks with the President. They shall also keep accurate and complete records of the funds and accounts of the organization as are directed by the Executive Committee, Board of Directors.
ARTICLE 8: EXPENDITURES AND FINANCE
1. All monies received from all sources shall immediately be turned over to the Secretary/Treasurer to be deposited in the checking account of the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association.
2. No withdrawal from funds shall be made without the approval of the Executive Committee or the Board of Directors. Single expenditures in excess of fifty dollars ($50.00) must have an approval of the majority of a voting quorum of the membership. All expenditures shall be made by check and the item for which each check is drawn shall be designated on the face or reverse side thereof separately, stating the amount of each.
ARTICLE 9: COMMITTEES/VOLUNTEERS
1. Committees shall be designated by the Board of Directors. Each committee shall be assigned, by the President, to a Director, who shall be responsible for its activities and who, with the approval of the Board of Directors, will appoint a committee chairperson.
ARTICLE 10: ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. The membership shall meet and elect officers and directors for each fiscal year at the regular December meeting. The newly elected officers shall take office on the first of January. Voting shall be in person and not by proxy or e-mail.
2. Nominations for the candidates for the Executive Committee shall be made from the floor. The candidates for office must be regular members and in good standing.
3. Balloting for each office shall be in separate, successive sequence and will be voted by secret ballot.
4. A majority of votes cast is necessary for election to an officer or position on the Board of Directors.
5. In the event of a vacancy in the office of Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, an election shall be held at the next monthly meeting.
ARTICLE 11: RECALL
1. Any officer or director of the Southern Idaho Off-Road Association may be recalled by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the entire membership.
ARTICLE 12: EVENTS
1. All events shall be subject to approval by the Executive Committee. Events will be under the direction of a trip leader appointed by the Executive Committee.
2. All members, including the President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer, are responsible to the direction of the appointed trip leader and their appointed assistants from the set time of the beginning of the event to the termination of an event. At no time has any member or officer the right to demand unscheduled stop or change of route or plan. No provision is to be made to permit any member to join an event at any location or time other than the location and said time decided upon for the event, if such provision causes any change of time, any stop, any delay or any change of route.
3. All events must be conducted in an orderly manner and with safety as the prime factor. All members must abide by the following mandatory requirements.
A. _____Minimum liability insurance on vehicle
B. _____Tow hooks or approved pulling points on both ends
C. _____Tow straps w/no metal hooks, in good condition, no chains
D. _____Spare tire or adequate repair means
E. _____Tools to change tire
F. _____Functional jack (capable of lifting your vehicle)
G. _____Roll cage (for open topped vehicles)
H. _____Seatbelts or approved safety harness (worn by all occupants)
I. _____Fire extinguisher (charged)
J. _____Basic hand tools
K. _____Working headlights, brake lights and taillights
L. _____Secure battery hold downs (no bungee cords)
M. _____Minimum 33” tires and one locker or 35” tires (for snow runs only)
4. No member or guest under the age of eighteen (18) years will be permitted to drive in any event unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for each event. Any invited guest shall be the responsibility of the inviting member.
5. All competitive events shall be under the direct authority, supervision and control of the Executive Committee, and/or the Board of Directors. The Executive Committee or Board of Directors shall determine entrance, classifications and regulations for various events and shall approve trophies and awards to be presented. Anyone determined to be physically or mentally disturbed at the time of an event shall be disqualified. Vehicles may be subject to technical inspection varying according to the type of event and shall be disqualified if found to be mechanically unsafe.
6. All members and guests participating in an event shall abide by the motor vehicle codes of the state concerned and by the laws and regulations of the City, County or the circumstances involved the welfare and reception of the Club demands on the character it gains with community. Irresponsible drivers and any flagrant violations will be subject to the decision of the Executive Committee’s rulings, privileges revoked, to expulsion from the Club.
ARTICLE 13: RULES AND PROCEDURES
1. Unless otherwise specified in these by-laws, Roberts Rule of Order revised shall govern parliamentary procedure.
ARTICLE 14: AMENDMENTS
1. These by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote at a regular meeting, a quorum being present and voting. Any amendments to the by-laws must be presented to the membership at the regular membership preceding that in which the vote is taken.
SOUTHERN IDAHO OFF-ROAD ASSOCIATION
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
_____Minimum Liability Insurance on Vehicle
_____Tow hooks or approved pulling points on both ends
_____Tow straps w/no metal hooks, in good condition. (NO CHAINS)
_____Spare tire or adequate repair means
_____Tools to change tire
_____Functional Jack (capable of lifting your vehicle)
_____Roll Cage (FOR OPENED TOP VEHICLES)
_____Seatbelts or approved safety harness (worn by all occupants)
_____Fire Extinguisher (CHARGED)
_____Basic hand tools
_____Working headlights, brake lights and taillights
_____Secure battery hold downs (NO BUNGEE CORDS)
_____Minimum 33” tires and one locker, OR 35” tires (FOR SNOW RUNS ONLY)
_____First Aid Kit
_____Rear View Mirror
REARVIEW MIRROR POLICY: WHEN THE PERSON BEHIND YOU FALLS BEHIND, STOP AND ALLOW HIM/HER TO CATCH UP.
NOTE: THIS INSPECTION CHECKLIST IS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE AND EACH OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN VEHICLE’S SAFETY, MAINTENANCE AND IDAHO’S STATE LAW COMPLIANCE.